Cpasjuste successfully ported Duke Nukem 3D to the Nintendo Switch!
We can now all thanks cpasjuste for his amazing port of Duke Nukem 3D!
Duke Nukem 3D, THE classic FPS from 1996 by GT Interactive/3D Realms, finally ported to the Switch.
For this port, Cpasjust used Eduke3d, a special game engine that have a few new features that will significantly improve the game.
- For instance, they now have an OpenGL renderer, and it allow us to bundle Duke Nukem 3D with a high quality texture pack!
- It also bring support for modding.
The Nintendo Switch port
If your Nintendo Switch firmware is 2.1.0 or 3.0.0, you can install it right away. For other version, it will most likely work, but is not tested at the moment of writing this article.
Enough! How do I do it?
Well you are in luck, because it is pretty easy!
- Download the files from this GITHUB (click here)
- Extract the content in a random folder, then make a copy of the files “eduke32.nro” / “eduke32.cfg” to the directory “/switch” on your microSD card.
- Copy “DUKE3D.GRP” / “DUKE.RTS” to the directory “/switch/eduke32” on your microSD.
- Run the Homebrew Launcher, then launch the game.
Because it is so simple, you can expect to have many more homebrew on your switch in the future!